Salesforce Marketing Cloud Review
By Matt D'Angelo, business.com Writer | Updated Nov 30, 2018
Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides a range of marketing services for small businesses. As a Salesforce offering, Marketing Cloud is backed by one of the largest and most reputable business service companies. With Marketing Cloud, small businesses have access to impressive analytics reports, email marketing tools, social media marketing tools and design software. As a software-based marketing solution, you have control over the services you use for your business, and you can connect with Salesforce's technical support staff if you run into issues. Support is available via phone, live chat and email.
View all our recommendations for internet marketing services and PPC management on our best picks page.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, although it's not accredited by the agency. It also doesn't have any customer reviews on its profile. However, Marketing Cloud is backed by Salesforce, making it one of the most reputable offerings on our list. Further, using this service, you can dive deep into your email marketing campaigns. With Marketing Cloud, you can segment your contacts into lists depending on their interests, buying habits or other characteristics. However, one drawback with Marketing Cloud is that it lacks SEO tools.
Pricing and Plans
Salesforce doesn't list pricing on its website. Instead, you'll have to contact the Salesforce sales team. We interacted with the sales team via live chat to test their customer service offering and learn more about the company's overall services. Talking via live chat with Salesforce is a great way to get some preliminary details without having to set up a phone call. If you're interested in a price quote, this could be a good place to start.
Salesforce operates on yearly contracts, so once you sign up, you're locked in for a full year. You're given a dedicated account manager. This is a standout feature among companies we reviewed. Having a dedicated account manager means you're able to work with someone who knows you and your business if you run into problems or have questions about your service.
- SEO Tools: Salesforce Marketing Cloud doesn't offer SEO tools. This was one area where Marketing Cloud came up short against our best picks. If you're interested in SEO marketing tools, check out our best picks page here.
- Email Marketing: Salesforce Marketing Cloud has one of the strongest email marketing offerings of any company we reviewed. Its offering is called Email Studio, which includes all the main features one needs in an email marketing offering. You can create segments based on audience profile data, schedule messages and distribute custom reports. It offers segmentation based on landing page data and user behavior. Email Studio also includes a responsive design offering that's template-based, so you don't need design experience to create great campaigns. Its offering can scale up and down, so you can send one-to-one messages to any size audience.
- Social Tools: Marketing cloud provides several tools to help you develop social posts and increase your company's online presence. It has social listening tools, so you can learn more about your audience and what they're saying about your company. It's also equipped with analytics and reporting dashboards to analyze your presence.
- Design: Salesforce Marketing Cloud comes with resources and tools to help with website and landing page design. This allows you to create professional, engaging pages without heavy web design or development experience.
- Reporting Features: Salesforce's analytics and reporting features are some of the most robust of any company we reviewed. Whether you're building out your email offering or trying to better understand your company's presence on social media, Marketing Cloud offers excellent reporting and analytics features.
Pros and Cons
- Marketing Cloud is a Salesforce product, which means it is a reputable service and has a robust analytics offering.
- Salesforce has one of the strongest email marketing and social media marketing offerings of any company we reviewed.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud does not provide SEO software or services.
- It also doesn't list prices on its website.
Support and Customer Service
Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides support via live chat, email and phone, so you can contact technical support through a few various avenues. You'll also work with an account manager who's dedicated to your services. We posed as small business owners and interacted with Salesforce via live chat. The company representatives were very helpful and continued to follow up with us via email after our conversation.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a solid internet marketing service with especially strong offerings in analytics and reporting. It offers everything we looked for in email and social media marketing, and its reports and analytics are some of the strongest we reviewed. This solution also helps with web design and landing page creation. However, if you're looking for help with SEO marketing and PPC management, you may want to look for another provider.
Editor's note: Looking for an internet marketing service for your business? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our vendor partners contact you with information.