ShowMyPC offers multiple software plans for telecommuters, clients and IT support. It has an easy-to-install setup option that allows you to access any cross-platform device via a web browser. Connections are secured with 128- and 256-bit encryptions and work over HTTP firewalls and HTTP proxy servers when selected. Once you've established a secure connection, you can begin communicating, transferring files and recording sessions.
View all our recommendations for remote PC access software on our best picks page.
ShowMyPC Pricing and Software Plans
ShowMyPC offers more plans than other remote PC applications we evaluated. It can seem like a tough choice, but each plan serves a specific purpose. The cost of each plan varies slightly; you can choose to pay monthly, annually or a one-time fee. Here are some specifics about each plan:
- Access Home or Office PCs: These plans are geared toward consumer who wants to access a home or office computer. There are five different packages in this category, with the cost ranging from $5 per month for access to one computer to $69 per month for access to unlimited computers. If you pay annually, you get one month free.
- Online Meetings and Remote Support: These plans cater to users wanting to provide remote support or conduct meetings or demonstrations online. There are four plans in this category, with the cost ranging from $14 per month for access to two concurrent sessions to $300 per month for 50 concurrent sessions. If you pay annually, you get two months free.
- Private Hosted Unlimited PCs: ShowMyPC offers four plans in this category, with the cost ranging from $330 for three concurrent sessions to $3,550 for unlimited concurrent sessions. These plans are based on a one-time fee and provide lifetime access. Support and upgrades are free for the first year.
- Help Desk System: This plan is used as a supplementary tool to help businesses manage support requests on your website. (It's included when you purchase the Business or Enterprise plan in the Online Meetings and Remote Support package above.
ShowMyPC offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. There are no contracts; you can cancel or change your account at any time.
ShowMyPC offers several different services and features for remote PC access, including the following:
- Browser-based installation: To connect devices, you first download the server from your ShowMyPC website. From there, you can download the viewer or access a connection directly via the ShowMyPC website.
- Cross-platform access: This software works across all platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile devices like Android and iOS.
- Integration: You can integrate your application with ShowMyPC. You can also use an API to incorporate ShowMyPC within your applications or website. ShowMyPC explains more on this page about its screen sharing API.
- Security measures: The software requires a 128- or 256-bit encryption, depending on your plan. You must create a unique two to 10-digit password for others to join, which adds an extra layer of protection. The software works over HTTP firewalls and HTTP proxy servers, so you're not risking an unsecured connection.
- File transfer: Unfortunately, ShowMyPC has a more complicated file-transfer process. A lot of applications we evaluated let you drag and drop files from your computer to the user's PC. To transfer files in this application, you must first load them into your account. Users then download the files. A usable drag and drop tool would greatly improve the usability of this software.
- Session scheduling and recording: You can schedule sessions with the use of a password and record. These are both very useful features that not all competing remote PC applications offer.
- Personalized branding: With certain plans, you can customize the software with your brand. You can also create personalized widgets to host on your page.
- Communication features: The remote desktop has a chat feature available for telecommuters and IT technicians to use to communicate when both parties are logged in. This includes access to text chat, a whiteboard, webcam and voice conference.
- Customer service and resources: ShowMyPC has searchable FAQs, user guides and a few videos on its site. The company provides phone and chat support 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. during U.S. business hours.
Pros and Cons of ShowMyPC
We were impressed that ShowMyPC allows you to personalize the software with your branding. This allows you to display a uniform brand (and experience) to clients. We also like the ability to add a customizable widget to your home page, again, which is not a feature that other remote access PC applications offered.
Another benefit of ShowMyPC is that once you apply to purchase a cloud-hosted plan, your account is instantly activated. This is something not all competing software applications offered. Also, if you host the software on your own server or request any customizations, ShowMyPC will work with your company to accommodate these requests.
Some aspects of the software are problematic. For example, we found that the remote desktop connection occasionally froze, and we had to exit out of the program completely. There can also be a lag when running any programs or browsing the internet.
Although the software can be highly customized to your business, the multitude of subscription plans – 13 in total – can be overwhelming. We recommend that you speak to a ShowMyPC customer service rep to learn the best option for your business.
Ease of Use
Installing ShowMyPC is different than other remote desktop applications. Both the administrator and client must access the ShowMyPC website you create when you register and then download the server onto the computer you wish to access remotely. You can then download the viewer or access it from your ShowMyPC website. This feature is handy if you are not using your personal laptop, as you do not need to download an app, but it adds another level of complexity to the interface.
ShowMyPC has some useful features that other remote access software programs don't offer, and the customizable branding features are handy. However, its slow speeds and complicated interface can make it challenging to use. If affordability and features are more important than speed, ShowMyPC is worth considering.