NetVizor is a complete employee monitoring software solution that acts as an activity monitor, content blocker and network management tool all in one. This makes for a sprawling system with a lot of ins and outs, but NetVizor remains relatively easy to use. For any challenges that arise, NetVizor maintains a strong support team and a lot of written information, including how-to guides and FAQs pages to get you on the right track. It's a competitively priced piece of software that covers all the major bases of employee monitoring and then some.
See all our reviews and recommendations for employee monitoring software on our best picks page.
NetVizor's pricing model is based on a one-time licensure fee, which includes tech support and a software update subscription. For every year after that, tech support and software updates cost 50 percent of your original licensure fee. You can choose to use the current version of the software and forgo tech support if you don't want to renew the subscription.
NetVizor offers eight different pricing packages that support five devices to as many as 1,000, making it a flexible solution for businesses of all sizes.
- Up to 5 computers: $295 ($59 per license)
- Up to 10 computers: $495 ($49.50 per license)
- Up to 25 computers: $895 ($35.80 per license)
- 50 computers: $1,095 ($21.90 per license)
- 100 computers: $1,595 ($15.95 per license)
- 250 computers: $2,995 ($11.98 per license)
- 500 computers: $3,995 ($7.99 per license)
- 1,000 computers: $4,995 ($4.99 per license)
NetVizor's strongest aspect is its wide array of features and attention to detail. Beyond simple activity monitoring, it includes more advanced tools, as well as content blocking and network management. Here's a look at some of the features NetVizor has to offer.
- Web activity: One of the most essential aspects of employee monitoring software, NetVizor's web activity monitoring tools include the typical tracking of employee web browsing and search queries, but also offers a real-time activity tracker that shows what each logged-in user is doing at any given moment and enables admins to take remote control of the computer from a central dashboard.
- Connections: Admins can also track all web sessions made on the computer regardless of where or how the device is connected to the internet.
- Email: NetVizor logs and stores any emails sent by users across email clients and webmail services.
- Live chats: The software surveys conversations on popular instant messaging platforms, recording the participants, dates and times of the conversation, and the content.
- Applications: NetVizor keeps tabs on all application usage, tracking when programs were launched and closed, as well as how long a user used each program. The software also notes it anytime a program is installed to the monitored device, labeling it with the installation path.
- Events timeline: NetVizor compiles an events timeline that give you a bird's-eye view of all activities, including anytime a program is launched or closed, a webpage is accessed, and documents are opened or edited. This timeline also shows a user's active and idle time.
- File transfers: Any uploads or downloads a user engages in, as well as any changes to files stored on the monitored computer, are all traceable and subject to review by an admin.
- Documents: Any documents a user creates, edits or opens is stored in the software and can be displayed in its entirety.
- Print jobs: NetVizor tracks any print jobs a user requests, and it keeps a copy of the document sent to any printer by a monitored device.
- Keystrokes: The software tracks all keystrokes across all applications and browsers. Admins can review any action a user takes on the keyboard.
- Mouse clicks: In addition to keystrokes, NetVizor monitors all mouse clicks with a note of the window title and the application in which the click occurred.
- Microphone audio: You can set a decibel threshold that, when reached, triggers automatic microphone audio recording. Recordings are captured and stored in the software for later review.
- Remote device control: NetVizor grants admins immense remote control over monitored computers. For example, you can remotely browse any files stored on an employee's device, lock down the desktop, freeze applications or even freeze the mouse movements. Admins can take virtually full control over monitored computers at any time.
Ease of Use
NetVizor's user interface organizes the software's many tools neatly, making it intuitive to navigate. It can, however, take a little more time to learn to use the tools efficiently. It is a bit more technical than the most user-friendly software in our review, but it remains accessible to most users. There is a bit of a learning curve to the program, which stems mainly from its massive breadth of features and tools. However, with the one-year support included, as well as how-to guides and FAQs on the company website, there are plenty of resources for a new user.
NetVizor's biggest limitation is its learning curve. While the software does a good job of remaining as navigable as possible, it is simply so expansive that it will inevitably require some sort of guidance. While how-to guides and a support team are available as resources, it is not a software solution that you can pick up in an hour or two by just clicking around. The upside is that you'll have access to every tool you need to keep an eye on how your employees are behaving on company time.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card