Sunshine Communication Services is a straightforward answering service without a lot of extra features. It caters mainly to companies that have a low volume of calls and small businesses on a budget. It offers four affordably priced plans that don't demand an immense upfront investment. Sunshine Communication Services incorporates its setup fees into its pricing plans and keeps things simple with a uniform set of services. It is a good choice for small businesses that want to outsource their answering service quickly, easily and cost-effectively.
For all of our answering service recommendations, visit our best picks page.
Answering Service Features
Sunshine Communications Services offers all the core features we looked for in an answering service. It doesn't offer services like appointment setting or order taking. For small businesses that are looking to outsource their answering services without much fuss, Sunshine is a good option.
Every pricing plan for Sunshine Communication Services includes the following services:
- Live answering: Sunshine Communication Agents are available to answer your business's phone calls 24/7/365. Agents can assist your business with calls during regular hours, after-hours calls, or overflow calls. When you sign up with Sunshine, you'll work with the service to craft a greeting to callers, as well as a series of questions or prompts its agents should follow when talking with your customers.
- Message taking: In accordance with your script, agents will take down caller names, contact information, and the relevant information requested by the client. Agents will then forward the information to points of contact you have identified via email or text message.
- Call patching and transfers: In the event agents are not able to resolve a question or concern from a caller, Sunshine agents will patch or transfer calls directly to your pre-specified point of contact.
There are no additional setup fees, and every plan is month-to-month with no long-term contract obligations or minimums. To cancel, Sunshine requires 30 days written notice.
When you sign up with Sunshine Communication Services, you'll fill out an onboarding document, which is a straightforward questionnaire that Sunshine uses to train its agents.
Sunshine Communication Services offers four plans, which start at 40 minutes on up to 400 minutes and per-minute usage rates that range from 81 cents per minute to $1.00 per minute.
These rates are consistent with the rates that other answering services charged. Sunshine Communications Services is focused on low-volume plans; it offers cost-effective options for small businesses on a budget that cannot afford an immense upfront investment.
Below is a breakdown of their plans:
- Silver: $39.95 for 40 minutes, plus 88 cents for each additional minute
- Gold: $95 for 100 minutes, plus 84 cents for each additional minute
- Platinum: $170 for 200 minutes, plus 81 cents for each additional minute
- Diamond: $325 for 400 minutes, plus 74 cents for each additional minute
Setup fees and deposits are included in all pricing plans. Each plan comes with the same set of features, including email and text notifications, call patching, call transferring, client portal access, and around-the-clock agent availability.
Sunshine Communication Services excels at what it does, but it is a simple, straightforward answering service. If you require more advanced features, or call center services, you will want to consider another service. But, for basic answering services, Sunshine Communication Services offers low upfront costs and good customer service at moderate per-minute rates.
For small businesses on a budget, Sunshine Communication Services is a suitable answering service.
Our customer service experience with Sunshine Communication Services was satisfactory. We had trouble making contact with the company initially, but once we connected with a representative, they were pleasant, knowledgeable and patient.
We discussed Sunshine's services and the onboarding process. After our call, the representative followed up with the onboarding document Sunshine provides its clients, pricing information, and inquired if we had any additional questions about the service. Overall, we had a satisfactory customer service experience with Sunshine Communication Services.
Editor's note: Looking for an answering service? We can help you choose the one that's right for you. Use the Compare Quotes button below to have our vendor partners contact you about your needs.