Xact Telesolutions is a flexible answering service and call center with a variety of plans and services suitable for businesses of all sizes and growth stages. It is moderately priced and includes both shared and dedicated agents. The company has 22 locations across the U.S.
For all of our answering service recommendations, visit our best picks page.
Answering Service Features
Xact Telesolutions offers some, though not all, of the services, we seek out in an answering service. Here's more about Xact Telesolutions offers:
- Live operator answering: Xact agents are available 24/7/365 for round-the-clock service. They can answer calls during regular business hours, after hours and assist with overflow calls. Agents rely on a script developed by you and Xact to stay on message and handle each call in a personalized, professional manner.
- Message taking: Agents will take down callers' names, contact information, their reason for calling and forward the message to you by phone, email, or text message.
- Order taking: Agents can also walk customers through e-commerce transactions, explain your business's products and services, and answer questions. They can also accept payments, verify the accuracy of payment information, in addition to upselling or cross-selling other products or services offered by your business.
- Appointment setting: Xact agents will set new appointments (using your company's calendar) and notify you when a new appointment has been added.
Xact Telesolutions answering services are available for any business, but the company has experience servicing businesses in the financial services, property management, healthcare, hospitality and tourism, and e-commerce industries.
Call Center Service Features
When answering services aren't enough to meet a client's needs, Xact Telesolutions offers inbound and outbound call center services. These services take on more of a client's communication needs, including follow up over email and web channels.
Here's a look at some of Xact Telesolutions' call center services:
- Customer service: Beyond simple live answering, Xact agents can act as an outsourced customer service department. Customer care involves answering frequently asked questions, fielding complaints and feedback, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Help desk: Xact offers basic help desk services, extending Level 1 tech support to troubleshoot products and software with consumers. If Xact agents can't help, they will forward the caller directly to the appropriate person in your company.
- Appointment reminders: You can use Xact for outbound services, such as appointment reminders.
- Hotlines: Xact Telesolutions agents can manage various hotlines for your business, including emergency hotlines and employee call-out hotlines.
- Dealer locate: Xact agents will coordinate with your business's consumers to find local vendors and then connect consumers to those vendor partners.
- Email management: Xact agents can engage in a multichannel approach that goes beyond helping you manage your business's call volume. Xact's agents can take the burden of sifting through a full email inbox so you can focus on other aspects of running your business.
- Webchat: Live web chat can be implemented on your homepage and will be manned by a live Xact Telesolutions agent around the clock.
To see all of our call center service recommendations, visit our best picks page.
Xact Telesolutions offers both shared agents that work on your account (in addition to other clients of Xact) as well as dedicated agents, which work solely for your company. Dedicated agents cost more, but they can perform more advanced services and go off script. Shared agents are suitable for companies that have more basic needs and lower call volumes.
The rate for shared agents starts at 89 cents per minute for monthly plans ranging from 2,500 minutes to 10,000 minutes. For plans ranging from 10,001 minutes to 25,000 minutes, shared agents cost 85 cents per minute. These costs are slightly above average based on the other call center services we evaluated, but they are not excessively high.
However, Xact Telesolutions bills in 12-second increments, which means it rounds usage up to the nearest 12-second mark. For example, a call lasting 1 minute and 1 second will be recorded as a 1-minute and 12-second call, or 1.2 minutes. This is a common practice in the call center and answering service industry. The average incremental billing time we noted with the services we evaluated was 6 seconds. Some companies do not charge in increments, while others charge much higher increments.
Monthly fees for two to 10 dedicated agents equal $26.95 per agent, per hour, while teams of 11 to 25 are priced at $25.95 per agent, per hour. If you require 26 or more dedicated agents, you'll need to obtain an individual quote from the company.
In addition to its agent fees, Xact Telesolutions charges setup and programming fees at a rate of $75 per hour for call center services. Setup commonly takes about 10 hours, for a total of $750, which was comparable with the other services we reviewed.
Agent training is $22 per hour, which could ultimately cost $1,000, according to a company representative. This makes upfront expenses to launch a program with Xact Telesolutions higher than the average for the call centers we reviewed.
Xact Telesolutions' biggest limitation is the upfront cost of its call center service, primarily due to the cost of agent training. At nearly $2,000 for setup, programming, and training, the initial investment can be quite steep. However, the agent training fee goes to ensure every agent is fully trained on your brand messaging and company details, which is key if you have a complex business model. Ultimately, if you have the budget, the training could be worth the cost.
A second concern with Xact Telesolutions is its 12-second incremental billing policy. While it is not the highest rate, it could significantly inflate usage. Most of the services we evaluated had a 6-second incremental billing rate, while a few did not employ incremental billing at all.
Our customer service experience with Xact Telesolutions was satisfactory. With our initial call, the representative we spoke with asked a lot of questions about our hypothetical business to learn more about the scope of service. She was forthcoming about Xact Telesolutions' services, which helped us understand the onboarding process and the typical dynamic between Xact and its clients. However, we did not initially receive the follow-up proposal we requested after the call.
Editor's note: Looking for an answering service? We can help you choose the one that's right for you. Use the Compare Quotes button below to have our vendor partners contact you about your needs.