The system features an easy-to-use interface that can be accessed online from anywhere. Employees also have access to the system. Further, the company offers a range of other services, like retirement plans and health insurance, that small businesses might find valuable.
Pricing and Terms
SurePayroll charges a base fee of $30 per month, plus $4 per employee. There is also an additional cost – $45, plus $4 per employee – for year-end tax services.
There are no contracts with SurePayroll. You can cancel at any time with no penalty.
Payroll Services and Features
SurePayroll has everything small businesses are looking for in an online payroll service.
- The system is cloud-based and can be accessed from any internet-connected device. In addition, payroll can be run via the SurePayroll mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Running payroll can be completed in three steps. You enter your employees' hours or salaries, plus any deductions and paid time off, preview the taxes being withheld and approve the payroll. Payroll needs to be run by 2 p.m. two days before your payday.
- Employees can be paid by direct deposit or paper checks that you print out on your own.
- SurePayroll handles all payroll tax obligations. The service calculates, files, and pays all payroll taxes on your behalf to the proper federal, state, and local agencies. This service comes with a guarantee that it is done correctly and on time. If it isn't, SurePayroll will fix the errors and pay any fines that are incurred.
- Employees can log into the system via the website or mobile app in order to review their pay stubs and year-end tax documents.
There are a number of other features that make SurePayroll a payroll service very small businesses should consider.
- The service allows you to easily import your payroll data into your general ledger after each pay period. Among the accounting services that work with SurePayroll are Sage, QuickBooks, Kashoo, AccountEdge, Xero, LessAccounting and Intacct.
- All users are provided federal and state labor law compliance tools, such as compliance posters and how-to guides, for free.
- The service integrates with a wide range of time and attendance systems, including Webtimeclock, Nettime Solutions, Novatime, TimeTrex, AcroTime and Buddy Punch.
- SurePayroll offers U.S.-based customer support by phone six days a week. Online help is available 24/7.
- Among the other services that SurePayroll offers are workers' compensation insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, health insurance and pre-employment screening.
- SurePayroll is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. As of March 2018, there had been less than 60 complaints filed against the company in the past three years.
One downside to SurePayroll is there is an extra charge for its year-end tax services. Some of the services we looked into included those in their monthly costs.
Another potential negative for some employers is that the company won't sign and stuff paper checks for you. If you want paper checks for employees, you are required to print them out on your own.
Editor's Note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card