Textedly is a great text message marketing service for small businesses. We were impressed with Textedly's contact management tools and analytics, as well as the user-friendly dashboard and multiple pricing plans. However, it's missing some features that the best services have, such as segmentation tools, drip campaigns and surveys.
Textedly has the largest number of plans of the SMS marketing companies we reviewed. Along with the free trial, Textedly has 11 different plans: Bronze, Plus, Enterprise, Elite, Business, Silver, Premium, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Champion. All plans come with custom keywords and free incoming text messages.
If you pay for your subscription annually, you receive 20% more text messages per month. Below is a short synopsis of Textedly's plans:
- The Starter plan is the 14-day free trial. It includes 50 messages, one custom keyword and free incoming text messages. You don't need to provide your credit card information when you sign up for the free trial.
- The Bronze plan is $29 per month and includes 1,000 messages and one custom keyword.
- The Plus plan costs $39 per month and includes 2,000 messages per month and two custom keywords.
- The Enterprise plan is $50 per month and includes 3,500 messages and three custom keywords.
- The Elite plan is priced at $70 per month and includes 5,000 messages and four custom keywords.
- The Business plan costs $140 per month and includes 10,000 messages and six custom keywords.
- The Silver plan is $210 per month and includes 15,000 messages and seven custom keywords.
- The Premium plan costs $350 per month and includes 25,000 messages and 10 custom keywords.
- The Gold plan is $700 per month and includes 50,000 messages and 15 custom keywords.
- The Platinum plan is priced at $1,400 per month and includes 100,000 messages and 20 custom keywords.
- The Diamond plan is $2,100 per month and includes 150,000 messages per month and 20 custom keywords.
- The Champion plan costs $2,800 per month and includes 200,000 messages and 50 custom keywords.
If none of the plans above meet your needs, Textedly will work with you to create a custom text message marketing plan.
Textedly has a wide variety of features that make it easy to create custom text message marketing campaigns. Textedly's dashboard is easy to navigate and includes your subscriber list, past and future campaigns, custom keywords, and reports.
When you upload contacts, you can include customized data, including the contact's full name, his or her state, city, ZIP code and email address. Other features include:
- Analytics: Textedly's analytics let you view real-time data, including subscriber time stamps, activity feed, user history, interactive graphs and performance metrics.
- Autoresponders: The best text message marketing companies make it easy to stay in touch with customers. With Textedly's autoresponders, you can schedule automated replies to contacts when they subscribe to your contact list. You can create custom autoreplies, such as welcome messages or promotions. You can change replies as often as you want.
- Contact management: With Textedly, you upload your existing contact list. Clients can also subscribe to your list by texting your custom keyword to a short code.
- Customization: The best and most successful text message marketing campaigns are personalized. Even if you send out a mass text message, you want to include personal information such as your contact's full name. Textedly's tools can capture data for each client, including their name and email address, so you can tailor your messages to your target audience.
- Free incoming text messages: With Textedly, incoming text messages are free; you only pay for the messages you send.
- Keyword: Text message marketing services typically use keywords to help manage contact lists and differentiate new subscribers. Contacts can text your custom keyword to a short code to opt in to your subscribers' list.
- Multimedia messaging: Textedly allows you to attach pictures to text messages. Many services let you send video and audio clips, which, unfortunately, Textedly doesn't offer. Most texting services let you send a message that is 160 characters long. However, Textedly more than doubles the character count – you can send a message that contains more than 300 characters.
- Schedule: One helpful feature that the best text message marketing companies offer is the ability to schedule campaigns in advance. Textedly's software features a calendar so you can schedule a single text message or a group of messages to go out at any time.
Textedly has a plethora of pricing plans businesses can choose from. With 11 different plans and a custom plan option, whether you're a sole proprietor on a tight budget or an established business with an extensive client list, Textedly's plans are affordable for your business's marketing needs.
Textedly is also very easy to use and offers several different customer support options and resources should customers get stuck.
Unfortunately, Textedly lacks some key features that most, if not all, the other companies we reviewed had: the ability to create drip campaigns and segmentation tools to organize your contacts. While these tools are not required to launch a text campaign, they do make it easier and more efficient.
If you have questions about the service, you can contact support via live chat or text. You can also browse through Textedly's blog, which explains how to obtain starts on your campaigns as well as text message marketing best practices. Textedly's help center features articles about how to get started with the platform, how you upload contacts and troubleshooting.