OnPay is a cloud-based service that handles all payroll responsibilities for small businesses. With this system, businesses can run an unlimited number of payrolls each month and pay both W-2 and 1099 workers by direct deposit or printed checks. The service also takes care of all payroll tax obligations, including calculating, filing and paying payroll taxes on your behalf.
Pricing and Terms
OnPay offers one service plan for all users. There is a monthly base fee of $36 per month, plus $4 per employee. You may also be charged for year-end tax forms depending on the delivery option you want. There is no cost to print out W-2 and 1099 forms on your own, but if you want OnPay to print them out and send them to your office to be distributed, they are $5 each plus shipping. If you want the forms mailed directly to your employees, they are $6 each plus shipping.
There are no contracts or annual fees with OnPay, and the first month of service is free.
OnPay offers all of the services very small businesses need in a payroll service.
- Running payroll is an easy task with OnPay. You add in the hours each employee worked, make sure the proper deductions are withheld, and add in any bonuses or commissions they earned. The system then calculates the payroll and allows you to review the totals. If the totals are accurate, the payroll will run and paychecks will deposit directly into your employees' bank accounts, or you can print checks out on your own.
- OnPay allows you to run an unlimited number of payrolls each month.
- OnPay takes care of all of your company's payroll tax requirements. The system calculates, files and pays all of your taxes on your behalf. It also guarantees that the taxes will be paid correctly and on time. If an error is made, OnPay corrects it and pays any fines.
- All employees have access to the system to review their paystubs and year-end tax forms.
Besides processing payroll and handling all payroll tax responsibilities, OnPay offers a number of other services.
- The system integrates with a variety of accounting software and other programs you may use, including QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero, Kabbage, When I Work, ThinkHR, PosterElite, Guideline and Humanity.
- OnPay manages all paid time off. The system tracks how much vacation and sick time each employee accrues and uses.
- Other services it offers include employee insurance benefits, workers' compensation plans and 401(k) retirement plans.
- OnPay provides excellent customer service. We contacted the company numerous times posing as a small business owner interested in payroll service. All of the representatives we spoke to answered our calls immediately and provided detailed answers to all of our questions.
One thing OnPay lacks is a mobile app. While its website is mobile friendly, some mobile users prefer using an app over a mobile-friendly website. Another drawback is the year-end fees OnPay charges. A number of other services don't charge extra for this service. We were also disappointed that we couldn't find any record of OnPay with the Better Business Bureau.
Editor's Note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card