Comcast offers multiple business phone services for companies of all sizes. Available as on-premises or cloud-based service, these solutions can grow with your business. You can choose a solution for small businesses of up to 20 employees, or for midsize businesses of up to 1,000 employees. You can also select packages that are meant to work with an IT department for PRI or SIP trunks.
Pricing and Terms
Prices for Comcast Business phone systems vary, since service is available in several different plans. The VoiceEdge Select system, which can support up to eight lines, costs $34.95 per user, per month. The VoiceEdge cloud-hosted system is designed for small and midsize businesses. Pricing ranges from $44.95 per user, per month for 5-9 users and $34.95 per user, per month for more than 20 users. The Business Voice Mobility service costs $29.95 per user, per month. This option can also be combined with internet services for $120 to $190 per month. These prices include internet service and two phone lines.
Most of Comcast Business' phone systems require a two-year contract. Many of the options also require a $29.95 one-time activation fee per line.
Each of the business phone plans includes a different mix of features:
- The VoiceEdge Select is cloud-hosted and designed for single-site small businesses with 3-8 employees. Some of the more valuable features it includes are automated attendants, call forwarding, hunt groups, readable voicemail and the Be Anywhere tool, which allows users to define other network locations, such as mobile phones, to use as their extensions.
- VoiceEdge is a cloud-hosted voice and unified communications system for small and midsize businesses. It has more than 50 features, including auto attendants; anonymous call rejection; call logs; Busy Lamp Field; call-forwarding modes for always, busy, no answer, not reachable and selective; call notify, park, pickup, return, transfer and waiting; softphones to make and receive calls from your computer; do not disturb; push to talk; remote office; sequential ring; unified messaging; and music on hold.
- Voice Mobility is a landline phone system that allows you to answer calls to that line on your mobile device, letting you take and make business calls anywhere. Among the features this system offers are three-way calls, instant redial, a call history log, directory listing, hunt groups, call forwarding, distinctive ring/priority alert, music on hold, and simultaneous and sequential ring.
- Comcast Business provides PRI and SIP trunks for organizations that need those services.
- Comcast gives you the option of bundling your small business phone lines with other Comcast services, such as internet or television. This is a plus if you'd like to get several business necessities from one company.
- Many of the systems are controlled and managed via an online portal.
- The VoiceEdge system comes with free Polycom phones.
- Some of the systems have built-in CRM integrations.
- None of the phone systems include all of the features and tools that some of Comcast's competitors do, like call recording and video conferencing.
- Comcast Business is not available in all areas.
- Comcast is not an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Over the past three years, more than 30,000 complaints have been filed against the company with the BBB. However, not all of those complaints were in regard to the company's business phone systems. Despite the complaints, the company has an A rating with the BBB.
Comcast offers a wide array of business phone systems and services. Some of its systems are designed for very small businesses, while others can support larger midsize organizations. All of its systems have a variety of valuable features and tools. Comcast can also provide cloud-hosted or on-premises phone service – not all providers offer both options.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card