These 20 Facebook tools can help you use the social media platform more effectively for your business.
Just because Facebook is reputably great for marketing doesn't mean getting started is easy. If anything, Facebook offers so many marketing services for businesses that you might not know where to begin. That's where Facebook tools come in.
Facebook offers tools to help you harness the platform's full power for advertising, audience insights, analytics, automated posting, social contests and more. We've rounded up 20 of our favorite tools for you below.
Benefits of using multiple tools for Facebook
The more Facebook tools you use, the more information you gather about how people interact with your brand on the world's most popular social network. Facebook tools allow you to collect this information more efficiently, and they often enhance your Facebook presence and aesthetic as well.
With multiple Facebook tools, whether Facebook's own or third-party platforms tools, you can also maximize your Facebook page's functionality. For example, it can be challenging to run Facebook contests without a social contest tool. Similarly, posting every day at consistent intervals can be tough without automated posting.
Through Facebook Ads Manager, your company can run ads on all Facebook apps. That means not just Facebook, but also Instagram, Messenger and Audience Network. And ad creation is only the start – you'll get scheduling, placement and tracking capabilities too. Despite how comprehensive this tool is, it's built for even novice advertisers.
- Quick, guided ad creation and duplication
- Ad targeting tools
- Budget adjustments and reviews
- Real-time ad reports
- Extensive ad metrics, graphs and tables
Cost: You can set whatever budget you want for your Facebook ad spending, and once you've placed ads, you get free access to Facebook Ads Manager.
Facebook Audience Insights gives you information about all Facebook users, allowing you to learn about your audience's demographics and interests. With this information, you can best cater your content to your viewer base.
- Information on your audience's demographics and behavior
- Advertising insights for stronger creative effectiveness and smarter ad buys
- Industry insights about trends that can impact your marketing strategy
- Series insights for strategies to target certain audiences or platforms
- Holiday season insights for maximizing sales
Blueprint is Facebook's learning center. It includes step-by-step tutorials for media publishers, content creators and other businesses that use Facebook business pages. Topics include establishing an online presence, developing customer relationships and optimizing content.
- Dozens of short, meaningful step-by-step tutorials
- Lessons organized by popularity and relation to sales and advertising
- Facebook Blueprint certifications
- Advanced advertising courses
- Access to groups of other business owners and marketing professionals
Cost: The service itself is free, though Facebook Blueprint certifications can cost up to $150.
Facebook Experiments is a hub for testing your advertising campaigns. It includes analysis templates for stronger, more meaningful updates. Use it to learn more about your brand awareness, conversion lift and the success of one recent campaign over another.
- A/B testing
- Holdout testing
- Brand survey testing
- Campaign budget optimization testing
Through the Facebook Ad Library, you can browse any ads currently running on Facebook, Instagram and all other platforms that Facebook owns. Use it to compare your ads to others that your audience might encounter.
- Reports on ads for social issues or election cycles
- Spending amount by advertiser and location
- API tools and custom keyword searches
- Search filters for topic, location and page
- Access to inactive political and social ads from the past seven years
Facebook Pixel is a string of code you can add to your company's website (rather than a tool you visit within Facebook). With Facebook Pixel on your website, you can relate your website purchases to your Facebook ads.
- Cross-device conversion measurements
- Ad optimization for likely audiences
- Dynamic ads to remind website visitors of their viewed products
- Data on how visitors use your website
- Information on which of your Facebook ads lead to website purchases
MobileMonkey is an AI chatbot tool you can use to generate automated Messenger messages to users for sales, customer service and more.
- Chatbots for web chat, SMS and Messenger
- One inbox for all messaging platforms
- Upgraded Facebook ads
- Agency client management
- AI scans for user intent
- Contact list growth
- Facebook comment auto-response
- Chat blasting to sales leads
- Unlimited reports on pages, user administration and analytics
- Transition from chatbot to live agents
- Audience segmentation
- Drip campaigns
- Conversion funnels
- Quality lead alerts
- Lead scoring and qualification
- Extensive integration with other platforms
Cost: MobileMonkey has four pricing tiers with extensive variation in features. The platform's tiered features list best explains the feature differences. Here are the tiers' prices:
- PRO: $29 a month if billed monthly; $21.75 a month if billed annually
- PRO Unicorn: $68 a month if billed monthly; $51 a month if billed annually
- Team: $374 a month if billed monthly; $299 a month if billed annually
Qwaya is a Facebook advertising tool with scheduling functions, educational tools, Instagram ad campaigns and more. It sets no maximum number of Facebook ads or Facebook users you can reach. It does, however, limit the number of team members who can log in to Qwaya based on your pricing plan.
- Ad scheduling, campaign rules and rotation
- URL builders
- Google Analytics tagging
- Targeting and ad templates
- Campaign organization
- Split testing
- Multi-product ads
- Free initial training
- Excel exports
- The Premium plan is $149 a month and allows one Qwaya user.
- The Business plan is $249 a month and allows five Qwaya users.
- The Agency plan is $349 a month and allows 10 Qwaya users.
Perfect Audience is a tool for retargeting your advertising on Facebook. It includes technologies for other social platforms as well.
- Reengagement tactics for lost customers on their mobile devices
- Ad displays on high-traffic websites
- HubSpot integration for seamless inbound marketing
- Shopify and Twitter retargeting
- Conversion and revenue tracking
- Detailed analytics
- Cross-device targeting
- Flexible retargeting windows
Cost: With Perfect Audience, you set your own ad spend, and your first $100 in ad spending or first two weeks of use – whichever happens first – is entirely free.
Pagemodo is a tool for running Facebook ads and designing your Facebook page. When used well, this platform can make your Facebook page look as professional as your website.
- Design tools for professional Facebook pages' cover photos
- Sales lead collection from ads
- Facebook contests
- Custom Facebook page tabs
- Post scheduling
- Simplified ad targeting
- Ad optimization and analysis
Cost: Pagemodo has three pricing tiers. Its list of features outlines the differences in each tier, and we've listed the tiers' prices and intended users below:
- Basic (for startups): $6.25 a month
- Premium (for growing businesses): $13.25 a month
- Agency (for marketing firms): $33.25 a month
CoSchedule is a social media management tool through which you can draft, schedule and publish Facebook posts.
- Extensive analytics, including times of highest activity among your fans
- Post scheduling and social campaign automation calendar
- Automatic post sharing at high-traffic times within predetermined window
- Facebook post templates
- Automated post sharing during content gaps
- Single inbox for responding to messages, comments and mentions
Cost: CoSchedule has three pricing tiers. The brand's features list best explains the differences among the tiers, and these are each tier's prices and intended users:
- Blog Calendar (publication administrators): $14 a month
- Marketing Calendar (marketing teams): $29 a month
- Marketing Suite (marketing firms and large companies): Varies in price
Agorapulse is a multi-page management tool focused on efficiency, ROI, social conversations, and quick, organized content posting and uploading.
- Single inbox for all Facebook communications and mentions
- Bulk uploading, scheduling and queueing
- Social calendar with post insights
- Conversation tracking with other Facebook accounts
- ROI tools through insights, customizable downloads and competitive benchmarking
- Facebook Marketing Partner designation
- Reports of best posting days and times
- Integration with Bitly
- Custom video thumbnails
- UTM parameters
Cost: Agorapulse has four pricing tiers with varying functions as detailed in its features list. These are each tier's prices and target users:
- Medium (for small businesses): $79 a month
- Large (for agencies): $159 a month
- X-Large (for large organizations): $239 a month
- Enterprise (for large teams with several profiles): $399 a month
Hootsuite is a social media management tool with planning, creation and scheduling capabilities. It's a popular platform that integrates with over 100 other programs, including more than 30 other marketing apps.
- Collaborative social content calendar
- Post creation and schedule gap fillers
- One inbox for all social media communications
- Activity monitoring across all channels
- Shared library of on-brand social media assets and content
- Project and team management
- Hootsuite Academy training and certifications
Cost: Hootsuite has four pricing tiers with features that vary widely. Consult the brand's detailed tiered features breakdown for more information. These are the four tiers' prices and intended users:
- Professional (individuals and small social marketing teams): $29 a month
- Team (midsize social marketing teams): $129 a month
- Business (large social marketing teams): $599 a month
- Enterprise (especially large social marketing teams or companies): Custom solutions and pricing for sales, service, and marketing
14. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a platform for connecting with and analyzing your audience, engaging your followers, and measuring your content's performance.
- Social listening with trends and insights
- Calendar for cross-network post planning, organizing and scheduling
- One inbox for all social media communications
- Social media review management
- Analytics and social data dashboards
- Monitoring for profiles, locations and keywords
- Reporting on groups, profiles and posts
- Social media customer relationship management (CRM)
- Paid post-boosting options
- Mobile app
Cost: Sprout Social has three pricing tiers, each with its own features and price:
- Standard: $99 a month
- Professional: $149 a month
- Advanced: $249 a month
15. Post Planner
Post Planner is a Facebook tool that increases your posts' engagement. On its homepage, the brand claims that research by two of the other brands on this list showed a 510% increase in engagement for pages that use Post Planner.
- Content discovery engine for competitor comparison
- Star rating algorithm
- Automated reuse of top content
- Custom posting schedule
- Social media management dashboard with analytics
Cost: Post Planner has three pricing tiers. All tiers include the above features but vary in usage limits. Additionally, some tiers include graphic design tools not available on the other plans.
- Starter: $3 a month
- Love: $9 a month
- Guru: $19 a month
ShortStack is a tool that streamlines your Facebook contests. It allows business owners and marketing teams to easily publish Facebook contests as unique mobile apps and websites.
- Comment-to-enter contests with random entry selector
- Separate apps, websites and blogs for Facebook contests
- Entry and voting restrictions
- Cross-platform sharing widget
- Analytics such as traffic spikes and locations
Cost: ShortStack has three pricing tiers, and with every increase in price, your maximum number of contest entries and views increases. Visit ShortStack's list of unique tier features to learn more.
- Business: $99 a month if billed monthly; $948 a year ($79 a month) if billed annually
- Agency: $199 a month if billed monthly; $1,908 a year ($159 a month) if billed annually
- Brand: $499 a month if billed monthly; $4,788 a year ($399 a month) if billed annually
Buffer is a social media publishing and analytics with visual planning functions. It will soon introduce an engagement tool as well.
- Single planning and publishing dashboard for all social media networks
- Team workflows, content drafting and post approval
- Social media account access management
- Shared dashboard for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram analytics
- Insights for stories, boosted posts and hashtags
- Custom and white-label daily reports
- Tips for best content, posting times and frequency
Cost: Buffer users pay separately for its publishing and analytics tools. The pricing tiers for each of these tools vary immensely in included features.
These are the prices for Buffer's publishing plans:
- Pro: $15 a month billed monthly; $144 a year ($12 a month) billed annually
- Premium: $65 a month billed monthly; $663 a year ($56 a month) billed annually
- Business: $99 a month billed monthly; $1,010 a year ($85 a month) billed annually
These are the prices for its analytics plans:
- Pro: $35 a month billed monthly; $336 a year ($28 a month) billed annually
- Premium: $50 a month billed monthly; $480 a year ($40 a month) billed annually
BuzzSumo is a Facebook tool and API for content discovery and research, influencer identification, and social conversation monitoring.
- Content discovery via keywords, trends, topics and questions
- Content research via data and backlinks
- Influencer identification via engagement, domain analysis and language-filtering tools
- Social conversation monitoring via keywords, authors, outlets and backlinks
- Account and search API
Cost: BuzzSumo has four pricing tiers, and with each pricing increase comes more functionality.
- Pro: $99 a month if billed monthly; $948 a year ($79 a month) if billed annually
- Plus: $179 a month if billed monthly; $1,668 a year ($139 a month) if billed annually
- Large: $299 a month if billed monthly; $2,868 a year ($239 a month) if billed annually
- Enterprise: Custom pricing and plans starting at $499 a month
AdEspresso by Hootsuite is an official Facebook Marketing, Instagram and Google partner. In addition to its advertising tools, it offers ad campaign tools and lessons through AdEspresso University.
- Quick ad creation across multiple channels
- Single dashboard for managing all your advertising campaigns
- Campaign analytics and actionable insights
- Streamlined collaboration with your clients and teams
- AdEspresso University for extra learning
Cost: AdEspresso has three pricing tiers. Consult its list of features by tier to see what you get with each package. (Although AdEspresso lists its prices as monthly rates, it will bill you annually.)
- Starter: $49 per month
- Plus: $99 per month
- Enterprise: Custom solutions starting at $259 per month
Canva is a graphic design tool that you can use to create compelling images for your Facebook posts (or, relatedly, Instagram slideshows) quickly and easily.
- Team management
- Textured backgrounds, vignettes and photo blur
- Image cropping, speech bubbles, text, icons and stickers
- Photo effects, straightening and transparency tools
- Photo and design grids and frames
Cost: Canva has three tiers; you can see each tier's tools on Canva's pricing page. It has one free plan and two paid tiers, Pro and Enterprise. Canva is free for educators and nonprofits, though the latter may need to pay on a usage basis for certain features.
- Pro: $12.95 a month per user if billed monthly; $9.95 a month per user if billed annually
- Enterprise: Custom plans starting at $30 a month per user (billed annually)
More Facebook business use tips
Wondering how else to use Facebook? Read our guide to Facebook for business to learn how to harness your newest Facebook tools for business success. You should also brush up on how to use Facebook analytics and check out our guide to social media marketing in general.