Here are some actionable steps you can take to make current company blog posts into YouTube videos.
Video is taking over the internet. Everywhere you look, companies and brands are creating video content, posting it on their websites and on social media. They are using meaningful content to attract their target audience and keep them engaged.
Many brands are posting directly to YouTube in order to leverage many benefits afforded by the platform.
YouTube connects you to a global audience. It gives you the ability to create playlists around specific topics that are relevant to your target audience. With well-optimized videos, your brand can have a massive reach to help you achieve your marketing objectives.
In this article, we take a look at all the reasons why your brand needs to be on YouTube. We'll explore some of the advantages associated with having a channel on the site, as well as how you can get started building your YouTube brand channel right now.
Why your brand needs to be on YouTube
Since its inception in 2005, YouTube has grown to become the second most popular social media platform in the world, surpassed only by Facebook.
YouTube is also the second-largest search engine, after its parent company, Google. With over 2 billion monthly active users, YouTube is a powerful tool for brands that want to build a presence online and maximize their reach and exposure.
If you're still not convinced that your brand should be on YouTube, take a look at these recent YouTube statistics:
- Over 1 billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day.
- Each month, users upload more video content online than TV has created in the past three decades.
- Over 60% of people would rather watch online video platforms than live TV.
- It is estimated that by 2025, viewers age 32 and under will not subscribe to any pay-TV services.
- Seventy-three percent of U.S. adults use YouTube, which is more than Facebook (69%) and Instagram (37%).
5 advantages of being on YouTube as a brand
Now let's take a look at the advantages that come with having a channel on this popular video sharing site.
1. Brand exposure
When you share a video on YouTube, you are presented with the opportunity to be found by your target audience in both YouTube and Google search. Google owns YouTube, and optimizing your videos on one platform nets you benefits on the other.
When your videos can be found in search, it gives you brand exposure and visibility over the long term, and allows new, targeted customers to discover your brand's content. This is among the biggest benefits of using YouTube, as most content that is shared on other social channels tends to have a short shelf life of between a few hours and a few days.
2. Lead generation
YouTube allows you to reach a massive worldwide audience with just a few clicks and, consequently, offers tons of different ways you can generate leads on the platform.
One effective lead-generation tactic involves optimizing your videos and channel using keywords and phrases that people search for to make it more likely that they will find the videos. You can also include links in your channel description to direct viewers to your landing pages for more information about your business and the specific solutions you offer.
According to recent studies, the majority of marketers state that video is the primary form of media used in their content strategy, further evidence of how powerful this type of content can be.
By providing useful, entertaining, and engaging content, you will be able to educate your viewers and answer all their questions. You can include a compelling call to action that points viewers toward your products and services as the perfect solution to their problems and challenges.
Other YouTube lead generation methods include:
- Encouraging comments and subscribers
- Partnering with YouTube influencers
- Using paid YouTube ads
3. Become a trusted authority
YouTube is a great platform for building your authority and credibility. Viewers will quickly determine whether you're authentic, and they will only continue to watch your videos if they can see that you put effort into creating your channel.
Some of the ways you can leverage the power of video to build trust with your audience include:
- Creating customer testimonial videos
- Introducing your team
- Featuring behind-the-scenes content
- Creating videos showcasing user-generated content
4. Customer acquisition
Yet another benefit of having a channel on the platform is that YouTube can act as an additional customer acquisition channel for your brand.
By using YouTube to market to your customers, you may have an easier time finding targeted audiences who are interested in your brand. Further, according to a survey from Hubspot, over 54% of consumers prefer video content from brands and businesses they support.
YouTube also assists your customer acquisition strategy by offering a faster medium to get your message across. With videos, you can explain full concepts in just minutes. Because YouTube is free to use, you don't have to pay to grow your audience and attract your ideal customers. All you have to do is create a channel, start uploading your videos and implement effective video promotion strategies.
Videos are also some of the most shared content types online, and so there's always a chance that some of your videos may go viral, which allows you to grow your business quickly without spending a dime.
5. Marketing diversification
Channel diversification is crucial for marketers, and YouTube can play a significant role in that. In today's ever-evolving digital landscape, it is important to focus on multiple marketing channels so you can market your business and tailor your message to reach the largest possible audience across different platforms.
As the world’s second-biggest search engine, YouTube can help you get the attention of your ideal audience and create an emotional connection with them at a time when video content is exploding in popularity.
Not only that, but a successful YouTube channel can be a revenue-generating asset for any size business. This list explains the different ways that both small and large businesses can harness the power of YouTube to make additional income.
It's not too late to start a YouTube channel
If you have decided that it is time for your brand to be on YouTube, you may think the platform is saturated and that it's too late for your brand to create a channel that will contribute toward your marketing goals in any meaningful way.
However, there is no need to fear, because YouTube continues to grow, and growth implies opportunities. The fact that the platform is expanding means that there is room for new creators. There are vast opportunities for brands who want to create high-quality video content for their audiences.
Here are some more reasons why it's not too late for your brand to create a YouTube channel:
1. Your perspective is unique. Although your videos may be on topics that are already popular, your brand's own unique perspective and personality differentiates you from others who are already on YouTube.
2. Interests will change: New channels are being added on YouTube with each passing year, but interests change and old channels continually languish. This may be due to viewers losing interest or creators who stop posting videos. Whatever the reason, it makes room for new talent to come onto the platform.
3. YouTube's algorithm is there to assist you. As long as you continue to create high-quality video content on topics that are relevant to your audience, YouTube's algorithm pushes your videos to the top so they can be found by your target audience.
Although it may take time for you to start seeing results from your YouTube channel, the good news is that with some real effort, commitment and dedication, the odds are in your favor for creating a successful YouTube channel for your brand. With almost 50% of marketers adding YouTube to their video distribution channels in the coming months, now is the perfect time for your brand to get involved.
Getting started on YouTube is easier than you think
Many people completely disregard YouTube as a powerful tool to use in their marketing strategy. For the most part, they ignore it because they think that getting started on the platform is difficult or costly.
However, this couldn't be further from the truth. Once your videos are on the platform, you can spend more of your time promoting those videos, as opposed to other social channels, where you have to continuously create new content for your audience.
Also, you can repurpose content that your brand already has on your blog and other channels. Blog content, guides, e-books, etc., are especially useful and very easy to transform into compelling videos.
Turning your blog content into YouTube videos
I have a simple process for transitioning blog posts into YouTube videos. It involves using a blog post as a script of sorts and then recording myself talking about the main points in the blog post.
I then have an editor make the video more appealing for my audience. But before turning your blog into video, analyze your content with marketing analytics tools and see what worked best on your blog, and update it with fresh information.
Conversely, you can use videos to expand on individual points in your blog post. Videos allow you to explain difficult concepts in a way that is easier for your audience to understand than when reading written text.
There are many other ways to turn your blog posts into YouTube videos. I've listed some of the most effective methods below:
1. Use Microsoft PowerPoint. This is among the easiest ways to transform blog posts into videos. Use the post to create a slideshow presentation with the subheaders, text paragraphs, images, etc., and then convert it into a video.
2. Use online tools. Another way to turn posts into videos is to use video creation software. This is a different approach that allows you to create videos with minimum effort.
3. Use free video editing tools. There are tons of video creation resources like Unsplash, Pexels Video and HookSounds that you can use to create unique, engaging videos for your brand. You'll find helpful tutorials online on how to get started making your own videos using these tools.
4. Hire a freelancer. If you don't have the time or the bandwidth to create videos for your YouTube channel, you can hire a freelancer. There are several sites that specialize in creating various types of videos, such as animated videos, product videos, explainer videos and more.
I hope by now you are convinced that your brand needs to have a YouTube channel. There's so much that you can benefit from having a presence on this popular video sharing platform. Keep in mind that, much like growing a website or blog, growing your video channel will also take time. With patience and perseverance, you can soon have a thriving channel that attracts viewers and subscribers, and helps you generate more traffic and leads to your website.