Dialpad offers voice calling, video conferencing and text messaging. This flexibility helps small businesses connect with clients in a plethora of ways that works best both for customers and for businesses.
This phone system is designed to work without desktop phones. While it can connect with regular phones, the system was created specifically with desktop and mobile apps in mind. Employees can access all of the functions of a traditional phone system straight from their computers and mobile devices.
Pricing and Terms
Dialpad is available in four different service plans that vary in price and features as well as how many employees, departments and offices it supports. Dialpad is one of the few phone system providers that offer a free plan. This plan is available for businesses with less than five employees. The Standard plan is $20 per user, per month and is available for businesses with less than 100 employees. The Pro plan, $25 per user, per month, and the Enterprise plan, $35 per user, per month, are available to businesses of all sizes. These two plans also support businesses with multiple offices. More information on how the plans differ can be found on their website.
While the Standard plan doesn't require a contract and can be paid for month to month, there is a $5 per user discount if you agree to an annual contract and pay for the entire year up front. The Pro and Enterprise plans both require annual contracts, with billing conducted annually. Dialpad offers all users a two-week free trial.
Mobile and Desktop Apps
The mobile and desktop apps work seamlessly with each other. From each of the apps, which work on mobile devices, tablets, desktop and laptop computers, employees have full control of their phone system. These apps make the need for a traditional desktop phone non-existent. From the apps you can:
- Make and answer voice calls
- Video chat with peers
- View contact lists
- View the company directory
- Switch live calls between devices
- Transfer calls to colleagues
- Conduct three-way calls
- Send and receive text and group messages
- Instant message with co-workers
- See which co-workers are available for calls and which ones are busy or out of the office
Other calling features Dialpad offers include:
- Visual voicemail, which allows employees to get voicemail transcripts and notifications in their email inbox
- The ability to instantly respond to calls via text message
- A do-not-disturb setting that automatically sends callers to your voicemail
- Call recording
- Call screening
- Call waiting
- The ability to have all of your devices ring simultaneously when a call comes through
In addition to the calling features, among some of the administrative features Dialpad offers include:
- Virtual attendants and interactive voice response
- Call logging
- Customer greetings and music
- Call operators
- Custom abbreviated dialing
- Single sign-on
- Dialpad has a number of built-in integrations that allow you to access various documents, emails and contacts without ever leaving the Dialpad app. The system integrates with Google's G Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Gmail, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow.
- Dialpad also offers customers access to Uberconference, which provides audio conference calls and screen sharing. Among the features included in Uberconference are document sharing, call recording, custom hold music, the ability to dial out to add callers, analytics and call summaries.
- The entire phone system is controlled through an online management portal.
- The system does support some desktop phones. The phones, however, must be SIP capable in order to connect to the system.
- There is an extra charge for Uberconference. While there is a free offering, it only supports up to 10 callers at a time. If you want to host conference callers with more participants, it is an extra $10 per month.
- The system doesn't offer all of the features some of its competitors do, such as call monitoring, whisper and barge tools and call queues.
- Dialpad is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has a D+ rating. That being said, there has been only one complaint against the company closed within the past three years.
- Not all users have access to phone support 24/7. Free and Standard users have no phone support options, with Pro plan users only able to access phone support five days a week. Enterprise plan users have phone support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Dialpad is an excellent phone system if you're looking for an option that doesn't rely on desktop phones. The systems desktop and mobile apps work flawlessly with each other and allow employees full access to everything the phone system has to offer regardless of where they are.
While it might not have every phone system feature, Dialpad has many of the most valuable ones. The system is also extremely enticing to very small businesses, as it can be used for free by businesses with less than five employees.
Editor's Note: Looking for a business phone system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card