Vonage offers cloud-hosted VoIP phone systems for businesses of all sizes. Vonage Business Cloud is designed for smaller businesses, while Vonage Enterprise is for midsize and large businesses. Both options are full of valuable calling, collaboration and mobile tools. Vonage takes a number of steps to ensure reliable service and offers top-notch customer support.
Pricing and Terms
Both Vonage Business Cloud and Vonage Enterprise are available in three service plans. For Vonage Business Cloud, prices for each plan vary by number of users. The Mobile plan, which includes unlimited calling and text messaging and access to the mobile and desktop app, starts at $17.99 per user, per month for 21-99 employees and goes up to $24.99 per user, per month for just one employee. The Premium plan, which includes everything in the Mobile plan plus audio and video conferencing for up to 100 people and CRM integrations, ranges from $24.99 per user, per month for 21-99 employees to $39.99 per month for just one user.
The most extensive option is the Advanced plan. In addition to everything in the Premium plan, it includes call recording, call groups, visual voicemail and setup assistance. This plan ranges from $34.99 per user, per month for 21-99 employees to $49.99 per month for one user. Prices for companies with more than 100 users, as well as businesses looking for the Vonage Enterprise systems, are customized for each organization. You will need to contact the company directly for an exact quote.
There are no contracts with Vonage Business Cloud. You can pay month to month and cancel at any time with no penalty. However, contracts are required for Vonage Enterprise users.
- Vonage Business Cloud is designed for small businesses and runs on your high-speed internet connection. There is no equipment to install, and the entire system is managed from an online portal. The system offers more than 50 calling, collaboration and mobile features, some of which cost extra depending on the plan you select.
- Vonage Enterprise is better suited for midsize and large organizations. This system gives businesses access to a dedicated private network. This provides organizations with a higher quality of service. Vonage monitors the private managed circuit that each enterprise customer uses 24/7. This type of system can alleviate concerns about dropped calls, static, data loss and privacy. This system can support a number of different features, including contact center services and conference calling for up to 300 participants.
Both Vonage platforms offers a wide array of features and tools, many of which come standard with every plan.
Vonage Business Cloud
- The standard features include call announcing, caller ID blocking, call screening, do not disturb, Busy Lamp Field, click-to-call, shared line appearance, simultaneous ring, Follow Me, music on hold, a virtual receptionist, voicemail, call conference, directory assistance, call flip, voicemail-to-email, chat, text messaging, and call hold, logs, parking and waiting.
- The features you may have to pay extra for depending on your plan include spam shield, call; queue, call recording, virtual mailbox, paperless fax, visual voicemail, call groups, call monitoring and paging groups.
- The standard features include anonymous call rejection; authentication; automatic callback; barge; call logs; Busy Lamp Field; call-forwarding modes for always, busy, no answer, not reachable and selective; call notification; call return or transfer; call waiting; do not disturb; flash call hold; hoteling for host and guest; redial for the last number or a local number; N-way Call; priority alert; push to talk; remote office, selective call acceptance and rejection; sequential and simultaneous ring; speed dial; unified messaging; virtual numbers; visual voicemail; and Vonage's Work From Anywhere feature.
- The features you may have to pay extra for depending on your plan include an auto attendant, call center, call recording, contact center, fax mail, hunt group, a MobileConnect softphone, IM and presence indicators, collaboration and video conferencing, speak to dial, and video and web connect.
- Vonage offers a 99.999 percent uptime guarantee. It has 13 data centers across the country and a variety of redundancies to ensure service continuity. It also takes the extra step of constantly checking the status of your devices to ensure they are working properly. Should one not respond, calls to that device are automatically forwarded to another number.
- Vonage offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app allows you to make and receive calls from your business line, view all voice messages, instant message with co-workers, make video calls, and save your business contacts.
- The Vonage desktop allows you to access your phone system through your computer. All you need to do is open the app and plug a headset in to make and receive calls.
- All Vonage Business Cloud users have access to Amazon Chime, which allows audio and video conferencing for up to 100 people.
- Vonage charges extra for some features that some providers include standard. For example, it charges an extra monthly fee for a local main business number and integration with Salesforce.
- The Better Business Bureau reports that more than 450 customer complaint cases against Vonage have been closed over the past three years. It is important to note, however, that not all of the complaints are in regard to Vonage's business phone systems. Many are related to its residential services. Despite the complaints, Vonage is an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating.
Vonage has business phone services for small, midsize and large businesses. Whether you need three or 3,000 extensions, Vonage has a solution that could work for you. You can customize your plan, add lines and control your account from an online portal, which you can access both in the office and remotely. Professional installation is not required for this service, and IT and customer support is available 24/7, so you can reach out to someone regardless of what time you run into problems.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card