Nextiva is a cloud-based VoIP system that can be spread across several offices and stores, yet still be managed from one central platform. The phone system is extremely reliable, is offered in multiple service plans and includes top-notch customer support. Nextiva also has a wealth of valuable calling, collaboration, and mobile features and tools.
Pricing and Terms
Nextiva Office is available in three service plans – Office Pro, Office Pro Plus and Office Enterprise – that differ in price and features. Each plan has a range of prices that vary based on the number of employees using the system and whether or not a 36-month contract is signed. Prices range from $19.95 per user, per month to $44.95 per user, per month.
Nextiva doesn't require businesses to sign long-term contracts. Businesses can sign up for month-to-month service and cancel at any time. Prices, however, do drop when you agree to a 36-month contract. There are not setup fees or hidden charges.
Nextiva offers three service plans:
- The Office Pro plan includes unlimited calling, voicemail-to-email, virtual faxing, music on hold, shared call appearance and the barge-in tool. For one to four users, the plan costs $34.95 per user per month without a contract and $32.95 per user per month for those who commit to a three-year deal. The price drops by $5 for each user for businesses with five to 19 users, $10 per employee for businesses with 21 to 99 users, and $13 per employee for businesses with more than 100 workers.
- The Office Pro Plus plan includes everything in the Office Pro plan plus one professional recorded greeting, conference calling, access to the mobile app and the team presence feature. For businesses with one to four users, the plan costs $37.95 per user, per month without a contract and $35.95 per user, per month for those with a three-year contract. The price drops by $5 for each user for businesses with five to 19 users, $10 per employee for businesses with 21 to 99 users, and $13 per employee for businesses with more than 100 workers.
- The most expensive option is the Office Enterprise plan. It includes everything in the Office Pro plan plus three professional recorded greetings, call recording and the Nextiva Anywhere feature. For businesses with one to four users, the plan costs $44.95 per user, per month without a contract and $42.95 per user, per month for those with a three-year contract. The price drops by $5 for each user for businesses with five to 19 users, $10 per employee for businesses with 21 to 99 users, and $13 per employee for businesses with more than 100 workers.
Nextiva Office offers just about every feature and tool a small business would need in a phone system.
- Calling features include unlimited local and long-distance calling, unlimited online faxing, an automated attendant, music on hold, conference calling, HD call connections, and the option to receive voicemails via email and text messages.
- One great tool for businesses with multiple locations is the shared call appearance feature. This allows several phones to have the same line assigned to them. This lets employees make and receive calls on their own lines from more than one location.
- The Nextiva Anywhere feature is a valuable tool for employees who often work outside the office. With this, employees can have calls made to their business lines not only ring their desktop phones but any other phones of their choosing, such as their mobile or home phones.
- Nextiva's mobile app, available on iOS and Android devices, lets employees make and receive phone calls on their business lines, make video calls, chat via instant message with co-workers, access the company directory, and update and modify call settings.
- Nextiva offers contact center solutions that include advanced interactive voice-response (IVR) system, call queues, call recording and a remote agent support feature that allows employers to set up phone service for call center agents who aren't located in the office.
- The entire system is run and configured through Nextiva's online portal, which is divided into several sections: account setup, services, usage, and billing. The online portal is used to add employees to the system, assign phone numbers and user IDs, record automated greetings, and create call queue routes and priorities. The portal can also be used to designate which features each employee can access.
- Nextiva has a reported uptime of 99.999 percent.
- Besides its traditional phone system and contact center services, Nextiva also offers a virtual-only system, online fax service, cloud storage and PBX SIP trunking.
- One potential downside is that the pricing on Nextiva's website can be a bit misleading. The main prices shown on the website are for businesses with at least 100 employees that have signed a 36-month contract. It is important businesses understand that main price shown will go up if they have fewer employees and don't want to sign a contract. Be sure to run your mouse over the question mark box next to the main price listed to get a true sense of what your costs will be.
- Another drawback is that not everyone has access to the Nextiva mobile app. Businesses using the Office Pro plan cannot use the app.
Nextiva is an excellent phone system for businesses of all sizes, including those that have multiple locations. The cloud-based VoIP system is simple to install and get up and running, is managed from an online portal that is easy to navigate, and includes all of the features businesses want from a phone system. Nextiva also offers for call center and virtual services.
Editor's Note: Looking for a business phone system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card