Sage Business Cloud Accounting is cloud-based accounting software for small businesses. It's affordable and easy to use with a strong selection of features, including invoicing, reporting and expense tracking. It has a mobile app for both Apple and Android that allows you to perform core accounting tasks and monitor your business finances when you're away from the office. Two plans are available, so you can choose the version of the software that best meets your business's needs.
Sage Business Cloud Accounting's pricing is competitive. Like other top accounting software, it's cloud-based, and you pay a monthly subscription fee. Two plans are available:
- Accounting Start costs $10 per month and supports a single user. It includes a bank feed, invoicing, expense management, reporting and check printing. A mobile app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android phones.
- Accounting costs $25 per month and supports multiple users and multiple companies. It has all of the Start features plus bill tracking and simple inventory management.
There's no contract, so you can cancel anytime without incurring early termination fees. You can also upgrade your account from Start to Accounting at any time.
Ease of Use
As with the other accounting software we reviewed, you can set up your Sage Business Cloud Accounting account online in just a few minutes.
- The interface is clearly labeled and makes it easy to find features. The dashboard's summary tabs display getting-started tasks and graphs with customizable date ranges that help you monitor your sales, expenses and cash flow.
- If you click Yes when the software asks if you charge sales tax, the software automatically gathers your local tax rates, so you don't have to manually input them into the system.
- You can customize invoices and other documents with your logo and choose from several templates, theme colors, fonts and font sizes.
- With the Accounting plan, you can create quotes and estimates and convert them to invoices with a single click.
- You can offer your customers the option of paying invoices online by adding Sage's payment processing service to your account.
- A mobile app is available for both iOS and Android devices, and you can use it to create invoices, record expenses and view graphs of your business's performance on the go.
- You can manage your vendors, track bills and print checks using this accounting software.
- Sage Business Cloud Accounting Accounting tracks inventory, and you can set reorder quantities and manually adjust stock quantities as needed. You can enter items into the system manually or import in bulk using a spreadsheet, which is a timesaver if you carry a lot of items. You can have multiple sales prices for each item and add categories and descriptions.
- You can run more than a dozen financial reports that help you analyze the health of your business, including profit and loss, balance sheet, trial balance, general ledger and aging reports.
- Integrations for Sage Business Cloud Accounting are available through Sage Marketplace, allowing you to connect to other business software such as your POS and CRM systems.
- You can connect your bank account and credit cards so you can reconcile your accounts; however, unlike with many of Sage Business Cloud Accounting's competitors, this is a manual process. Sage Business Cloud Accounting lacks an automated reconciliation tool that suggests possible matches.
- The company's website features a blog, knowledgebase and how-to videos, and you can purchase training courses through Sage University. For customer support, you can reach out to the company live chat, email or support ticket.
- There isn't an option to create recurring invoices, which may be inconvenient if you offer any subscription products or services.
- The system lacks the ability to schedule automatic payment reminders, track billable hours or add expenses to invoices. As a workaround, you can manually enter billable time and expenses to invoices, but there isn't a built-in feature that streamlines these tasks, and you can't attach receipts to invoices.
- It doesn't create purchase orders, which would be useful features for businesses that sell products.
Sage Business Cloud Accounting has an attractive dashboard with graphs and charts that give you a clear overview of your business's health. With the Start plan, you can create invoices, manage your expenses and run a variety of reports to monitor your business's financial health. With the Accounting plan, you can create quotes and estimates and convert them to invoices and track inventory. However, it lacks some of the timesaving automations that many of its competitors offer, including payment reminders, recurring invoices and suggested reconciliation matches. It also lacks the ability to create purchase orders.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card